Monday, December 14, 2009

We Can't Go Back


Today, my sisters and I recreated a scenario that happened some 52 or so years ago....

The three of us took a picture with Santa at the mall! YEP....we placed ourselves in the picture just as we had been 50 something years ago (as you see in this OLD picture!!!) and had our picture made! What a precious memory this will be in the years ahead of us.

But today, I thought....

WE CAN'T GO BACK to those days when we were 4, 9 & 11. Those days of innocence, unacountability and those days of ignorance, too, are now gone. I didn't know much then, after all, I was only 4, but now, at 56, I am accountable and aware of my life, my actions, my words, my living and my giving.

What is most important now, is most certainly, not what was most important to me back then. For back then, MYSELF was what was most important. But now....I see through different eyes.

I see now, through the eyes of my Savior, my Lord, my King....MY JESUS. The One who died for me. Everything is different now. My life belongs to Him, not to me.

WE CAN'T GO BACK, I thought today....WE CAN'T GO BACK. Those years are gone, they are but a memory to us all. Forward is the only direction we can go and all I know to say is that I am so thankful that "in the going forward" in my life, I go with My Jesus.

No comments: