Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holy Ground

"This is HOLY GROUND....
We're standing on HOLY GROUND....
For the Lord is here....
And where He is, is holy....
This is HOLY GROUND....
We're standing on HOLY GROUND
For the Lord is here.....
And where He is, is holy."

THIS worship song describes how I felt as I stepped out of my car last night when I went to church. After being gone for a week, away from my church and my church family, I was overcome as I walked onto what I feel, is HOLY GROUND. By the time I hit the foyer doors, the tears began to flow. I hugged a couple people, looked for Debbie S to hug me through, but headed to the bathroom when I couldn't find her. The tears began and I couldn't contain it. I was just so thankful to be amongst Believers who love and serve a holy God, as I. There just don't seem to be appropriate words for the emotions that fell out of my heart as I walked on the precious HOLY GROUND of our church. How grateful I was when Dayle M. found me in the bathroom. She did what all fellow Believers do....she hugged me, encouraged me, loved on me and showed me Jesus.

HOLY GROUND.....we do not appreciate what we share in Christ until it is outside of our reach, our touch, our ears.

I sing praises to the King of All tonight for His people here in this county. Oh how I missed you all and oh how fortunate I am to be a part of RRC fellowship.

HOLY GROUND......thanking YOU GOD, for where YOU are, is HOLY.

2 comments:

AngelRhoden said...

Dear Barb,
Em was so excited that you were back last night. I am glad too. Although I'm glad you went where He wanted you to go to be His light. You shine brightly.

debseveryday said...

I couldn't have said it better Angel! I *heartily* agree!