Thursday, July 31, 2008

Family








Most of all of my childhood memories include hugging, kissing and expressing affection for one another. Greetings always included hugs and kisses and expressions of how much we loved one another or had missed one another. I was shown love as a child and it was expressed well to me. I understood from an early age what it was supposed to look like and feel like. I was taught to love EVERYONE, regardless of color, religion or status. Prejudice was not a word I knew of for it was never displayed in the family I grew up in. It was all about love and family. As I have spent 18 days here now, I have had such joy in being together again with my sister and her husband and my neice and her family. When my neice Meredith was a little girl and we were out in public, everyone thought she was my child. She always looked more like me than her mother as she was blonde and she acted more like me too! She loved nature, was messy like her Aunt Barb and definitely had her own opinion about things even as a child. She was a little character from the time she was young and I loved everything about her. She has grown into a beautiful young woman whom I am extremely proud of. She has a gorgeous family with 5 adorable children. It thrills my heart to see another generation of children being taught to simply "love" and show love and kindness one to another. I adore her children and they have been such a blessing to me in my time here. They've helped me get over the difficult heartache of missing my own grandchildren and have taken me right in and loved me too! Yesterday when we were at their house, Grandma (my sister) told them that Aunt Barb was going to have to go home in 5 more days. Taz made a sad face and put his head down into his arms....Gabrielle, who is 3 said, "But Mommy, I thought we were going to get to keep her!" I started to cry it touched my heart so much. She said it so sincerely and sadly as though her little heart hurt that I would have to go. I'm posting a few pictures of Meredith, Pat and myself as well as a some of "the girls".
Soon it will be time for me to go back home and I cannot wait to see my own adorable grandchildren. I am tremendously blessed to have Charlie, Bradlie, Natalie, Lindsey, Amber, Madison, Butch, Karli, Easton and Titus in my life and I can't wait to see them again. They are my heart and make life so wonderful, exciting, fun and worth living for. They light up my life.
Life has been great here. Waking up in the morning to this view out front off the deck, the amazing temps of low 50's in the a.m. and this beautiful place has been "to die for." But soon, it will be time for me to head home and I can't wait to see all of you. Thank you God for my family whom I love with all my heart and I know loves me too. Family is what it's all about in life. Praise you Lord for blessing me like you have and giving me the amazing family I love so much. I can't wait to see you ALL!

No comments: