Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Hope I Smell Better Today

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:14-15
Yesterday, I opened my big mouth AGAIN (what else is new, right???) and said something stupid to my brother-in-law that I immediately regretted. I meant it to be funny but it didn't sound good coming out of my mouth and immediately I felt bad. I said I didn't mean it, but I felt I'd let him down and I'd let who I have become in Christ go down the tubes. In other words, I'd let my Lord down. My "aroma" wasn't what it should have been for sure. This morning when I awoke, I knew I had to apologize to him for my mouth speaking words of death instead of life. I'm not sure he really understood why I felt it necessary to apologize to him as what I said wasn't even about him, but I knew it was what I needed to do. I let him down, I let myself down and I let the Lord down. Forgive me Lord.
Today, I'm going to make sure that I "smell" better all day long for I am His ambassador "in every place."

2 comments:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Been there and one that! Praise God for each new day....

IC Jesus said...

Maybe I should start dating a certain Podiatrist? Perhaps he can help us both!!!!

Been there, done that & pray God will have Mercy when I fail once again.......