Friday, August 29, 2008

The Richness of Friends

Ecclesiates 4:10 says:

If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

How true, how true! The older I get, the more I treasure my friends...those who love me, speak truth to me, lead me to the cross in difficult times, spend time with me when possible, pray me through when trials come and rejoice with me in victories. Truly, a man must show himself friendly to have a friend and I thank God for those who have shown themselves friendly to me and loved me.
Because of all of you, my life is blessed. Even today as I sat across from my dear friend, in my mind, I recounted the joy she brings to my heart and life. Inside, I thought of how fortunate I am to call her friend. She enriches my life, as do all my friends and I'm so thankful that when I fall down, I have friends who will pick me up! GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY FOR HIS MANY GIFTS (FRIENDS) TO ME!

No comments: