Monday, September 1, 2008

Youth With a Heart

What a priviledge and honor it to be a Sunday School teacher in our youth department at church! Every Sunday morning as I awake, my mind centers on our services, our pastor, our ministries and our SS classes. I begin praying as I start my Sunday morning, getting my physical and spiritual self ready for worship. I'm always excited as we pull out of the driveway and head for church. Anticipation begins building in my heart and I can't wait to get there to see what God is going to do on this particular day of worship.
We have some amazing youth at our church, just in case you didn't know it! Every Sunday, at least one of them, blows me away. There are some whose faith is deep, whose commitments are firm and their prayer life is real.
Yesterday, I was once again amazed by one of our young men. He will remain unnamed as the Only One who needs to know his name, already does. He came to me after class was over, ONCE AGAIN burdened for the lost, confused and deceived youth of our community. As he stood before me, baring his heart and his deep concern for other youth, my heart was leaping with joy. He deeply, and I do mean deeply, CARES about lost youth. As tears welled up in his eyes, in my spirit all I could do was thank God for those of our youth who "really" care about others and really do "get it."
Also yesterday, I was priviledged to have one of our older young ladies stay in my class to help out. Darrel and I had 6th-8th graders ALL together yesterday, so it was quite a crowd. Her servanthood was precious and her smile warmed my heart.
We are blessed at RRC with youth who want to make a difference on this planet and I am so grateful to God that I am a small part of their lives. Working with them, teaching them, knowing them and watching them grow in Christ is an honor.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY for the youth of our church! They make my life full.

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Barb..I had not been to church camp in almost 10 years when I went this year with the middle school group! What a blessing they were to me. I hope this does not hurt anyone's feelings, but they were the best group I had been off with. They possessed such integrity and honesty. It was very hard for me to establish bonds with them since I had not been around them until this time, but I enjoyed them just the same. You are blessed to get to work with this group and I am sure you bless them as you allow God to speak through you. I thank God for you and your commitment to this group of youth. I think this is such a pivotal time in their lives. One that needs to be molded in the right direction. I know this from the few people I have mentored, things you have taught them has stuck in their minds. They absolutely love you and know without question that you love the Lord. I pray for the Lord to just fill you up with a fresh spirit of truth every time you teach them! I love you and Barb and appreciate you more than you will ever know!