Monday, September 8, 2008

Why Do They Sing???



Ok...Ok...I KNOW firsthand that my brain doesn't think like most peoples....that's a given. BUT...am I the ONLY one who has ever wondered why birds sing? This morning, as I went through my morning ritual feeding my outside birds, I watched them from the window as they began to gather for breakfast at my backyard cafe. As they gather, they make such wonderful sounds. The singing, of course, starts at dawn and I LOVE the sound of it. It makes me happy to hear something else singing, besides me!

So....do you think they sing because they're happy...is it because they were born to sing...do they sing solely to communicate with each other...what do you think???

Well, I think they sing because it makes them happy....just like me! Most days I'm singing not long after I awake...just like them! When I sing, it lifts my spirits, brings me joy and brings glory to God AND since I have breath...praising God with my voice is what I was created to do!

Those sweet birds outside were created by God too and they're just doing what they were created to do...sing and give glory to God by doing so!

"LET EVERYTHING THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE LORD. PRAISE THE LORD!!" Psalm 150:6

Next time you hear a bird sing, maybe, just maybe...he's praising the God who created Him...just like me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Barb...I love to sing too....I sing because it makes me happy when I don't want to be...However, when I sing, no one else in the house is happy. I told Mike one time that I had secretly always wanted to be a backup singer. He told me that it wasn't too late because once I got up to the microphone, everyone would be hollering "BACK UP"