Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike

Today as I watched the weather and began seeing the first images of the water crashing against the 17 foot sea wall in Galveston, I cried. I stopped what I was doing and prayed diligently and cried fitfully for the thousands and thousands of people who will be affected by this massive storm. My mind raced thinking about the children, those sick in hospitals and the elderly who would loose their lives, their possessions, the comfort of their surroundings and all they know, to this storm. As I prayed, I begged Him for mercy on behalf of His people.

Oh God, that we all would feel anguish and inner pain for the people all over the world who suffer, who live in fear, who are homeless, who do not know you, who are persecuted for righteousness sake, who are hungry, who are lonely, who are sick...Oh God, let us pray for these people, let us seek your face and cry out to you for the only help that there is.....YOU.

11 Chronicles 7:14 says: "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land".

Let us all remember to pray for the many whose lives will be devastated and those who will be lost because of this storm. It is our duty, priviledge and should be our honor to pray for them. We would want them to do the same for us. May God help them all.

No comments: