Thursday, September 25, 2008

Let the Surgery Begin!

OK....so today I had to go to a doctor who did a little cutting on my upper right knee. It was some sort of spot that I'd had cut out before but it came back, only worse and more painful, so they needed to cut it out again. As I lay waiting on the table, after the 5 or so shots to numb the area, I lay there doing more thinking.

I thought to myself, wouldn't it just be so nice if ALL the bad stuff within me....you know, the bad thoughts, the selfishness, the negativity, all the parts of me that I haven't given over to Him and just all the non-Christian stuff that still lies within me.....could ALL be cut out too?????

I thought about asking the doctor how much of the bad stuff he could cut out in one day but then, as I lay there alone in the room with a "dead" knee...I realized if he "could" cut all the junk out, there wouldn't be much left of me to even get up off the table!!!!

Then in my demented strange mind, I began seeing pieces of me, all bloodied and yucky all over the table. I envisioned Summer and the boys (who were waiting in the car) being called in and seeing only pieces of me left on the table
and asking what happened. I could even hear the doctor explaining...."I'm so sorry...when we cut all the bad away, that was all that was left:("

In reality, this is the plain and simple truth...IF I could measure the "good" in me....it wouldn't be much....it would only be JESUS, that's it...just HIM.

God, please do spiritual surgery on me and cut out all the bad. Help me to do my part in cutting out all the yukky stuff that doesn't glorify you....it's so much God and I'm afraid....but I know you will help me to grab the spiritual scalpel and begin the surgery. Help me begin tonight and as I cut, heal the wounds that are left behind. I am so weak but in you, I am strong.

Thank you God, thank you......SCALPEL......SPONGE.....CLAMP...........

1 comment:

trish said...

God does NOT make junk. A phrase I say out loud when needed. So if He doesn't make junk, I shall choose to trust in the act of my will to give those burdens to God and praise Him for the gift you are to me----because I love you bunches and so does He.