Sunday, August 17, 2008

Down Under

No...I haven't been in Australia this week, as the title might make you think...rather, I have been "down under" the covers in my bed for 2 days! Yes, I know, I know, not nearly as exciting as the possibilities of wonderful stories from Australia, but it is what it is.

Being "down under" the covers for two days has given me many hours for pondering and I LOVE pondering. My mind seems to love wandering, pondering, thinking and contemplating. Don't know if that's a fault or a blessing within me but it's life for me.

Sooooooo, laying in bed for two days I heard so many wonderful things that made me deeply appreciate my life right now. Sounds can be so precious when you are "down under" and separated from the rest of the family. As I lay there, I listened intently to the sounds of my home, my family. Easton's giggles and footsteps up and down the hallway...Ty's baby footsteps and his constant repetition of "what is that?" Precious. Darrel's voice as he checked on my needs. The front door opening and closing as family came in and out. Summer's laugh. The squeals from the boys when Dale came home. The phone ringing as my daughter-in-law called to check on me. The sound of the dining room chairs scraping across the floor as the kids gathered at the table to eat.(I was dying inside to be in there beside them too)

As I lay "down under" and pondered the "sounds" of my life right now, I rejoiced inside at what God has so generously blessed me with. Family. Family. Family. I am rich in the Lord God Almighty! I will never be a millionaire in the eyes of the world but I possess the richest, sweetest, most wonderful gifts known to man...FAMILY. I am rich beyond measure and thankful for this time of being "down under" that I have had. What a sweet time to just lay back and listen to the sounds of God's gifts to me.

Thank you God, oh thank you God for my life, my family and the rich life you have blessed me with. I am a rich woman, rich indeed, and for my life, I am forever grateful.

No comments: