Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Saying goodbye is never easy...never. Memories fill my heart, laughter rings in my ears and sweet moments too numerous to count flood my mind. In 7 hours, I'll board my plane and head home. Parting is such sweet sorrow.
Thanks Trish and Bob for all the memories, time spent, money spent, laughter, deep conversation of life and the things of God, problems that we solved and those that we have agreed to pray over, dinners out, dinners in, exercising together, hiking in the woods, Yosemite, CYRUS!!!!, breakfasts that were served to me, canasta every morning (I'll never be queen again!!!), watching movies at night, time with Mer and her family, catching lizards with Taz & Nico, dancing with Gabrielle and Kali, making jewelry, beadfairs, shopping and lunches out, crusing with the top down in the JAGUAR!!!, sitting on the deck watching the hand of God all around us, pedicures, going to church together, concerts and everything else in between.....THANK YOU BOTH from the bottom of my cholesterol filled heart. I love you both dearly and shall cherish these many many memories for a lifetime. Remember, life is good and is what we choose to make it. Thanks for making the past 23 days wonderful. I'll miss you terribly. Godspeed until I see you again. I love you.

4 comments:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Oh Barb, I am so glad you are coming home....your large family (church family) has missed you. Tinkerbell come home! I am so glad that you had a great time but I know too well how hard it is to say goodbye, especially to family that you don't get to see often. I am praying for your safe return home dear friend!

debseveryday said...

Hurry, hurry, hurry up Wednesday! Cause that's when I get to see you, hug you and squeeze you! okay I'll let Darrel squeeze you, but I get to do the rest! I've been holding this in for 23 days...oh yeah...WHOO HOO!! Love, Deb

IC Jesus said...

Barb,

I am thankful you had a great trip, but we missed you & can't wait for you to arrive home!!!!

trish said...

I saw Him in your eyes........A year or so ago, you gave me a book with this title. It is filled with short stories of everyday people making extraordinary impact on another's life. For many many years you turned to me for the love and support you needed because of the circumstances before us when you were so young. I became a Mom-like figure for you as you searched for answers. It was not always the best of times, but lessons were learned and a relationship was deepened. I remember you speaking of seeing an angel, twice I believe. In my heart of hearts, I knew you were in this world for a specific purpose, for you were being well taken car of by our Heavenly Father. In the most glorious time we just spent together, I saw that purpose.....others see Jesus in your eyes and in your actions. You truly live the way Jesus wants us to live here on earth. The taking care of that I once provided for you has been turned around and you are now nurturing me and my needs. You always keep your focus on Christ which in turn keeps your mind and heart open to be a channel of His love to others. I know that He will always be with me during the many storms in my life, I know that you will listen in His love and speak with honesty, I know that I have much yet to learn, best of all you know that I love you bunches and I know that you will love me forever. Thanks for the very special memories littlest sister. Trish