Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Same Spirit





A wonderful quiet day today....helped with some garden work and enjoyed the morning outside. I am drawn to what is out back behind my sisters home and you would be too if you were here. She and Bob have created the most amazing little garden path that weaves its' way up and up a wonderful pathway to the top of the yard. Their yard backs up to Ana Dale Park and is very hilly. The pathway bends and curves as it winds upward and is outlined with rocks. All along the way there are the sweetest little statues, things hanging from the trees, sitting places, figurines in the grass etc. They worked on it with their grandchildren in mind and have made it a most wonderful place. At the top of the hill, there is a wonderful deck that overlooks everything below as well as the mountain in front of you! LOVELY! I'm posting some pictures of the journey up the pathway and some of the things you'll find along the way. It's just a fun place for the grandkids as well as a restful and beautiful place for the adults. We enjoyed some quiet moments on the deck just talking and enjoying the view.
Went to their county fair this evening. The best part about it was that their church praise band was playing for 3 hours! I couldn't wait to hear them to see what they were all about. I have only heard my sister talk about her church but have never been to it, so I was definitely excited to hear their music. WOW, talk about AMAZING!!!!! I'm posting a picture of them. I WAS MAJOR IMPRESSED with them as I listened and thought to myself....man, now THIS is a praise band! There were 3 guitarists, a drummer, a key board player, a bongo player, 2 female singers and 1 male lead. The younger pregnant woman used a tambourine at times, a shaker and some other sort of small shaking instrument that added greatly to the sound of their music. When they began to play, I felt "THE SAME SPIRIT" in them that I feel at RRC. Their music was more modern, less gospel, more contemporary, and so full of joy and the Spirit! I couldn't stay in my seat, nor could many others, but had to get up and clap and sing along with them. Most of the songs they sang I knew, although there were a few new ones that I loved. I browsed the crowd and I saw peoples of all colors and ages, young and old all were totally into the music and praised together. IT WAS AMAZING! I heard everything from Chris Tomlins version of Amazing Grace, to some Toby Mac and David Crowder Band, and "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord". I felt so blessed to be hearing godly music that lifts up the name of the Lord our God and know that my sister and brother-in-law have found a place to worship and be a part of. I can't wait till Sunday to hear them again and praise the Lord with the congregation.
Well, all for now. I love you all. Thank God that HIS SPIRIT dwells on this earth, from one corner to the other! HALLELUJAH TO THE LAMB OF GOD FOR HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED! I MISS YOU ALL!

1 comment:

IC Jesus said...

Barb,

That sounds like an exciting Praise Team. Don't forget to share your excitement & ideas with us when you get home. Tonda & Eddie are always renewed & refreshed when they are able to relax and experience fellow worshipers different style & way of doing things.

How was the fair? Is it like ours? Did you eat pie? Don't leave us hangin'!!!!!

Always, Angel