Tuesday, July 8, 2008

GOD is Speaking

As my dear dear friend coined it...."the self-pity fairy" has been after her. Boy, can I relate to that statement. My friend Deb is one of the funniest and most lovable people I know. Being in her presence is being in a state of constant laughter. When I am with her, there's joy unspeakable. On the outside, you would never ever know the "self-pity fairy" had been taunting her. But he taunts us all and tells us lies that we fall for. None of us can see the inside of another. None of us can know what hurt lies within, what disappointment or pain. Many of us cover it with laughter and bright smiles for everyone, but inside, we're crying. I know, because that's where I am too. I'm fighting and I'm pushing through, but I'm there too dear sister-in-Christ and friend whom I love so much. I believe with all my heart that our responsibility to one another as friends in Christ, is to encourage one another as well as confide in one another when need be. Not that we should sit and have pity parties together, but confide in someone so that we may lift one another up. Sometimes satan loves us to keep silent and hold it all in and all the while, he pulls us down even further as we sink deeper into darkness. God is speaking to us constantly....through the Word, through our pastors, through our friends, through our children, through nature, through music. He speaks constantly to us....I feel sure that He YELLS at us sometimes and yet, we choose not to hear Him. God is speaking to you my friend and He's saying.....I LOVE YOU. And I love you too. I encourage anyone who reads these pitiful thoughts of mine to be attentive to our friends and families needs and be willing to step in and help with a word of encouragement, a word of truth, and words of life. What we have to say may be just what needs to be heard at that moment. Let us love one another enough to be there for the other and step up to the plate with love and open arms. God is speaking....I love you.

2 comments:

trish said...

Dear Sweet Barb and Deb. Your life in Christ has helped you accept the nature of the clay jar that both of you are. We all have weaknesses. We all have strengths. For those who know you, they believe your strengths outweigh your weaknesses. For others, your weaknesses outweigh your good traits. But we all live somewhere between what we have been and what God is reshaping us to be.

We have a glimpse of what God's future glory, but its full realization remains future. We live between the already of what God has done and the not-yet of what God will do. The work God has begun in us is not complete.

Yet God's glory is seen clearly in our sinful, broken humanity. We have this treasure in clay jars. We can focus on the clay jar, or we can focus on the treasure. We can condemn each other for being cracked, chipped, misshapen, leaky, brittle, traditional, or contemporary jar. But if we focus on the treasure, we have hope----hope for me, and for both of you, for enemies as well as friends, for the world----because the treasure is God's extraordinary power at work in us. Today, look for God's treasure in yourself and others.

Most of the above was in my Upper Room devotional today and I so thought it fit as to where both of you and also where I am at this moment. I hold in my heart a saying "this too shall pass" and rely on it when my pity-party start.

To laughter, to love, to cracked pots...........I love both of you.

IC Jesus said...

Barb,

Through the years you have attended many of my pity-parties. As we both grow in Christ, the parties are fewer in number and frequency. (Thank you LORD!!!)

Life becomes more clear and simple the more I mature. During this journey I am trying to stop over-analyzing everything & stop trying to figure everything out.

The secret to Peace in life is to Trust & Obey God. Any question you may have in life – Why God Why, When God When, How am I going to make it through this? Simply Trust God….

Thank you for always offering words of encouragement and godly counsel.

Always, Angel