Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Same "Son"



Another wonderful day here. Hot today, in the 90's but has cooled down to about the high 60's at night. Nice relaxing day, filled with canasta (my new favorite card game), grocery shopping, and errands. Then this evening we were invited to to have dinner with some of Pat & Bob's friends up the street and spend some time in their hot tub. It was grrrrrrrrrrrreat! Man, Darrel would LOVE one of these things! Anyway, it was a nice evening and we enjoyed it tremendously.
Every morning I've woke up within minutes of the same time...6:15 or so. As I grab my bible and tiptoe out to the kitchen and out onto the deck, this is the gorgeous view I have. This morning as I sat and watched the sun come up over the mountain, once again I thought of how "the same Son" of God moves and breathes over this entire earth. When I am in deep dark despair, when I'm having a mountaintop experience, when I'm overcome with joy and laughter, when I'm feeling scared or lonely, even when I'm totally oblivious to His presence and I'm dropping cookie crumbs all over my lap, "the same Son" of God inhabits this entire universe! When you really take time to sit and think about that, in a quiet uninterrupted way, you will become overcome with gladness and thanksgiving. Even this morning as I sat alone on the deck watching the "Son" come up, I once again gave thanks to the God who created it all, lifted my praise and my prayers to Him and trembled over His goodness to me and my family. When my brother-in-law got up, I was still feeling the after effects of a sweet time with the Lord and I expressed to him how good God had been to him and that our thought for the day should be "life is good." Sometimes, just one positive thought first thing in the morning, one prayer, one praise to God for His goodness, can set the tone for your entire day. Here, life is uncluttered, relaxed and physically so beautiful and I suppose "easy" to say "life is good" all the time, for the most part. I pray that when reality sets back in and I land back in Jacksonville my attitude of thanksgiving will continue on as I remember just how blessed I am, coming and going. Whether in California or Florida, "the same Son" moves amongst us, waiting for us to give Him glory, honor and praise. Whether I'm sitting and eating cookies and making a mess or whether I'm going through a dark time in my life...thank you God for your Son who is with us every moment of every single day. I love you all and I LOVE YOU JESUS!

1 comment:

IC Jesus said...

Barb,

What a beautiful sunrise!!

It is so true & AWESOME that our God can live within each of His Children (no matter where we are on His planet) loving and protecting us - all at the same time. That fact is truly mind boggling to me.

I can remember standing on the golden shores of Africa thinking of my family & church family at Raiford Rd Church. Staring into the vast ocean that separated us and realizing our same God is protecting my mission team here and my loved ones back home thousands of miles away.

The words of one of my favorite songs are so true “Our God is an AWESOME God – He reigns from Heaven above –with Widsom, Power & Love – Our God is an AWESOME God”