Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Paradise on Earth Continued


As I write this and look out on the sun setting on the mountain outside the window, I truly feel like I'm living in paradise. Santa Rosa is such a beautiful place, with golden hills all around, sloping mountains that beckon you, temperatures to die for, gorgeous wine vineyards and some of the friendliest people you'll meet, right here. There is a never ending list of things to do and see, most all of which are outdoors, which is just what I like. You don't find many people sitting in front of their tv's here, there's just too much to enjoy outside, and that's where everyone is! It's wonderful. Sort of reminds me of my growing up days in Chicago when the children were all called in for dinner and then after dinner, everyone, including the parents, went outside. The parents would sit in their lawn chairs in the driveway (we didn't have porches) and sip glasses of ice tea and talk to one another and the children all played hide-n-go-seek. I loved those days. Here it is that way. Everyone is outside on their decks, or their walking, biking etc. It's so darn hot in Florida that people stay indoors to escape the heat. Not here and I LOVE that! Anyway, I'm thankful for the treat that it is to come to this lovely place, relax and enjoy my surroundings and my sister and brother-in-law. I'm blessed beyond what I deserve. Today was a layed back day. Errands this morning, Curves, a couple of games of ping-pong at the rec center, lunch out, then the pool, then home for dinner on the deck and a few games of cards. What a life, huh? I learned to play canasta tonight. I'm not too good at it, but I'm learning. I'm posting more pics of Yosemite and some of the other places we saw from this past weekend, as I just had SO many more good ones I didn't post. Hope you enjoy them. Thanks for your comment Deb! I giggled when I read you couldn't wait to see "where WE'RE going tomorrow!!" That was so cute! I enjoy reading your comments so much. I forgot to post the picture of the coyote that we saw but it's tough to see him in the picture. He was as big as a German Shepherd but didn't really pay my sister and I any attention. It was cool and another one of my animal sightings that I so adore! I'll put it up, but you'll have to click on the picture (it's the dark one) and enlarge it so you can see him. The picture that shows a huge meadow with two people walking (Pat & Bob) and the mountain in the distance is Tuolomne Meadow. That's where we took the hour or so hike and I took pictures of the butterfly and flower I posted yesterday. It was a gorgeous walk. The photo with the lazy creek in the foreground and the mountain in the distance is Tuolomne Meadow also. GORGEOUS! You'll also see one of one of the final views we had on the drive back down Tioga Pass of Half Dome and El Captain mountains together in the shot. It was breathtaking. You cannot fathom how huge these things are until you are there, but trust me, they're thousands of feet high and unreal! Also you'll see a shot of me at the pool today. It was a wonderful day for it and we enjoyed it tremendously. EVERY day is a good pool day here! Guess that's it for tonight. It's after midnight for all of you. Hope everyone is well. I miss everyone very much. You're all on my mind constantly, especially my grandchildren. I MISS them so much it makes my chest hurt and my eyes drip tears. Doesn't seem possible that I've been here 8 days already. We still have so much to do! Their county fair started yesterday and we're going tomorrow night. Their church worship band will be playing there and their church family will be there so I believe we're all going to be a part of that! I'm excited! It's gonna be hard to not jump up there and sing with them! I miss singing on our Praise Team and look forward to being back with all of you.
Lord bless you all...hugs and kisses to Charlie, Bradlie, Natalie, Lindsey, Amber, Madison, Butch, Karli, Easton and Titus. I MISS YOU ALL!

2 comments:

IC Jesus said...

I can't WAIT to go to the fair tommorrow - what fun!!! Don't eat too much apple pie (or just go an extra round at Curves - it may even itself out!!)

debseveryday said...

We would play "Ghost-in-the-Graveyard" while the parents sat on the front lawn. Everybody knew each other and it was an actual "neighborhood". I can't even tell you the name of the family who lives next door to me...