Monday, July 7, 2008

Butterflies and Flowers


As I strolled outside with little Titus just a while ago, he was enthralled with a beautiful butterfly as it fluttered close to us, hung in the air over our heads and then continued on its' journey. Out went his little pointer finger as he stared with glee watching it until he could see it no more. Then came that sweet smile and his best mutterings possible to let me know he enjoyed the fire out of that! We continued on with our walk to "see what else we could find." As I rounded the corner of the house, his little pointer finger immediately went out as he showed me the flowers. Once again, the smile was there and his eyes remained glued on the flowers, drinking in their color. As I watched him watch the flowers, my mind was filled with thoughts of the simple things in life that we take for granted and forget to be thankful for. At my sisters house in California, there are hummingbirds everywhere! They zoom from feeder to feeder, tree to tree and will fly directly over your head as you sit on their front deck.(One of my favorite places to sit) I am amazed at the hummingbird and its' ability to fly when science says that it shouldn't be able to, but God says it can! I can sit for hours and watch these birds and ALL of nature and take it all in. Many of us are too busy and forget to really look at our world and all God has created through the eyes of a child. Wouldn't it be wonderful if at adult age, we could continue to be just as enthralled with butterflies and flowers as 1 year old Titus was this morning? Here's to hoping that the next time a butterfly passes by, you'll really take the time to stop and watch it's beauty and its' flight pattern and then stop and consider the God who created this beautiful little creature.

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

I needed to read this tonight...thank you my friend...the self-pity fairy visited me this evening and I tried to shoo it away with a flyswatter... I finally had to hit it with the Book... your words really helped...
love you-deb