Friday, July 11, 2008

4 More Sleeps

Alright, for those of you who don't speak my language, simply put "a sleep" is obviously equal to one night. Let me explain further. Sometime, long ago when my children were little, I began using that phrase as I thought it would help them better understand the concept of how long I or whomever, would be away. I thought if they could think of how many times they had to go to bed at night and "sleep" they could better comprehend how long something would take. Believe it or not, I use it also for my African Grey Parrot, Jake!!! I know, I know, you think I've lost what little bit of brain I have, and that isn't much, but it's true. Greys are extremely intelligent birds and whenever I'm going out of town, I tell him how many sleeps I will be gone. I suppose I should get on with the point I'm trying to make before you think I'm a lunatic who talks to her bird and her grandchildren now, the same way!
Anyway......4 more sleeps......4 more sleeps you ask until what???? Until I leave for California! I'm going to see my oldest sister and I can't wait. Time spent with her is precious and every moment is cherished. It doesn't matter whether we're just sitting side by side, shopping, talking, or doing any of the millions of other things we enjoy doing together, what matters is that we're together. I board the plane on Tuesday and I'm so looking forward to my trip. We shall travel to Yosemite for my first visit there and I'm over the top excited about that! I will be posting pictures to share with you, whoever "you" are!!! Anyway, so 4 more sleeps until I leave. I suppose I shall always use this adage and I'm not even sure where I got it from. I might have even learned it from my sister, I really can't remember. I just know I use it now with my grandchildren and the bird and....okay................okay.........................the dog too! Alright, I admit the dog probably doesn't understand the concept of "sleeps" but I'm sure she understands at least part of what I'm saying and there's no doubt she understands what's happening when she sees the suitcase going out the door. She's not totally stupid you know!
Well, it's time for one of my 4 "sleeps" to take place and the quicker I lay down, the faster I can say it's only 3 more "sleeps." Please keep in touch with me while I'm gone as I will miss everyone here at home. Here I come sleep #4!!!

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

I know how excited you are to go on your trip and I'm gonna miss you like crazy! Have a wonderful, fun, relaxing, blessed time!