Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Piece of Heaven!

Good Morning All! Woke up this morning snuggled underneath my down comforter, with the window open and the wonderful cool air surrounding me! MAN did it feel good. I would say it was in the 50's. There's virtually no humidity here, nor any bugs to speak of. You hardly ever see flies and knats and no see'ums seem non-existent. The best part is there's no yellow flies! It's great! I'm having a wonderful time already. Met my new great-neice and great-nephew yesterday and had a blast with them. They are the brother and sister that my neice and her husband adopted from Ethiopia. Precious children who I instantly felt bonded to. Taz, Nico and I spent a great deal of time catching lizards in the yard. The girls and I danced and sang together. It was wonderful. Taz is 8, Nico 5, Kali 4 and Gabrielle 3. What adorable children they are. Can't post any pictures until I buy a card reader so I can get the pics downloaded off my camera. Keep watching though cause I took a bunch of great shots yesterday, as well as some adorable video of Kali and Gabrielle taking their ballet class!
Today is a day at home as my sister has some people coming to replace the glass in her sliding door. Her home and yard is lovely and I feel like I am in a piece of heaven here! I could sit out on the front deck and stare at the mountains forever or I could go out back and enjoy the flowers and yard AND the serenity forever. It's so peaceful and beautiful.
Tomorrow we will spend the day with Meredith, my neice for a girls day out. We're heading to a gem fair in San Rafael and then into San Francisco to do some poking around, dinner and then a play. Can't wait. I love the city and all it has to offer but the best is just spending time with my sister and my neice. It'll be a great day.
Sure do miss all of you back home and am constantly wondering what everyone is doing. Today was Itchatucknee day with the youth and once again, I didn't get to go. I hated it. Last time it was planned I was out of town too and it's such a fun day withh our youth. Ah well. HOpe it was a great day for everyone, as I know it was.
All for now. I'm going to get ANOTHER cup of coffee and go sit on the deck! Thank you Lord for the beauty of this place and the priviledge and coming and being here. You're such a good God and bless me with so much more than I deserve.
Love to you all! Godspeed until I see you all again.

1 comment:

IC Jesus said...

Barb,

Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I feel like I am there with you - Enjoy your much deserved rest.

Does your new family from Ethiopia remember their homeland? It must have been quite a transition for them and I pray they adjust to their new home well.

Tell your Beloved family I said Hi. Can't WAIT to see pictures!!!

Always, Angel