Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cristo Te Ama


Gloria a Dios! Jesucristo te ama! OK, OK....I KNOW I'm back home in the good old USA, but after a week with our youth in Honduras, I'm still getting back into the routine of speaking ALL English! As I started out with, GLORY to GOD! Jesus Christ Loves You! Those words were spoken many times by our youth over the past week as we journeyed to San Pedro Sula and beyond to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have never been more proud of our youth than last week. I watched them physically be the hands and feet of Jesus as they ministered to so many children over the week. The love I saw in their faces, the pride that they laid down, the joy that they spread was unbelieveable. Many times as I watched and video taped them, I silently cried in thanksgiving to God for what I saw Him doing in them. Their willingness and zest to serve in whatever capacity was asked of them was beyond believeable. The days were hot and long but they didn't complain, they just kept digging in. My heart is filled with pride to know, love and work with these youth. Knowing the future of our church is in their hands fills me with hope and joy. These are the future leaders of our church and our community, godly mothers and fathers, Sunday School teachers, and ministers of the Gospel. I am proud to know each one of them and feel tremendously honored to have been a tiny part of this, our very FIRST YOUTH MISSION TRIP TO HONDURAS! Way to go RRC Youth! I love each of you and challenge you to continue in your quest to know Christ better, serve Him more and love Him deeper. Don't forget what you learned so many miles away, don't forget to pray for those you met and don't forget that the mission field is wide open, not only in far away countries, but right here at home. Thank you Lord for all youth who love Jesus and live out that love for Him day by day by day. I am blessed to know and love you all and thank God for you.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

hehe.... I was waiting for this one. (: Can't wait for the copies of the video and whatnot.


Jenn