Monday, July 14, 2008

California, Here I Come!!



My last "sleep" is only moments away and when I awake, it will be the day I have long awaited! The day I get to see my sister again! This occasion always is spoken of in an excited tone of voice, with a little bit of jumping and flailing of the arms on my part! It's hard not to! After all, we're sisters. Now you might be thinking...Hmmmmmmmm, sisters huh? Well, I have a sister and I DON'T FEEL THAT WAY AT ALL. All I know to say to you is that I'm so sorry you don't have what me and my sisters have. We're blessed to love each other, care about each other and be involved in each other's lives. Over the years as I've heard story after story of other adult women who do not have a relationship with their sister because of past problems or whatever, I realize even more, how precious my sister relationships are as the years go by. We are now almost 62, almost 60 and 55. Time is short...life is short and my sisters are extensions of myself who complete me. I will continue to nurture our relationships as long as I live and I will continue to thank God for giving them to me.
Sooooo, as I lay down for the last night here at home for 23 days, I'm already dreaming about being there in California and picking up where Trish and I left off the last time. At next writing, I'll be on the Pacific Ocean side of the USA and will be posting what I'm up to for those who might be interested.
Oh yes, I'm the baby in the "old" picture, in the middle. The other picture was taken last year on our "Sister's Trip" at our cabin in Indiana and there I am in the middle again. That's Trish (Pat) on the left and Lou on the right, in both pictures also. By the way, if you have a sister you haven't talked to in a while, why not give her a call and renew your childhood relationship? You might be very glad you did.

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

Your words to and for me today were a blessing and carried me through the rest of this otherwise typical Tuesday. You made me feel special, encouraged and loved. Thanks Barb, I love you! Deb