Thursday, October 1, 2009

Think on THESE Things

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."
Philippians 4:8

Today, more than once, I encountered those who didn't seem to have a clue about this verse in the bible.

Why does it appear to be so difficult for so many, to heed this warning? Why do we struggle so immensely to keep our conversation centered on the things of God and those things which fit into these categories? I'm frustrated tonight and sometimes find it very disheartening to see so much blatant opposal of God's ways. It makes me sad, sick and sorry.

I say this not to judge nor condemn, but simply am sharing the honesty of my heart. When our speech does not glorify God, we speak in the flesh and man, THAT can definitely get us into trouble.

More and more, I seem to be aware of the importance of this verse and maybe it's because I need to work on this more than anyone else.

"God, help me, help us all, to be careful to watch what we say and how much truth there is in it. We want to glorify you God, not ourselves."

No comments: