Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thankful for Natalie




"I sure do love you," I said. "I love you more," she said. "I've missed you SO much," I said. "But I've missed YOU way more," she said.

Those words may not sound like a whole lot to you, but to us grandparents, they mean everything! When a child speaks, they usually mean what they say and when they tell you they love you, they mean it. We don't get to see Natalie as often as we'd like so when we do, it's a treat not only to see her but hear her say those words above.

Darrel and I are fortunate to have a wonderful bunch of grandkids and Nat is one of them. I remember the day she was born and the joy she brought to us. Her daddy didn't think he'd ever have a little girl so her birth was even extra sweet because of that.

Tonight, we're THANKFUL FOR NATALIE and so glad the Lord God gave her to us. Her little freckled face and sweet grin would make the saddest day joyous. What a blessing! Thanks God:)

No comments: