Tuesday, October 13, 2009

During the Night

I'm finding sleeping through the night difficult this past week. I keep waiting to hear Mary call out for me. Every little sound wakes me as I had gotten used to being on constant alert with every little noise she made.

But not sleeping well does have its' benefits too. Each time I wake up, it gives me an opportunity to pray for someone and there are always LOTS of people that need prayer. It seems here lately that there is just so much pain, suffering and heartache everywhere.

I think that we need to re-think the dire importance of prayer. We NEED to pray for one another every time we think of it. Sure you can drop to your knees and spend hours in prayer or DURING THE NIGHT you can lift those names to the throne as God puts them on your heart or just pray as you go throughout your day. Prayer can happen anywhere, anytime and in any position. God just wants to hear your voice.

DURING THE NIGHT, when sleep seems to be the last thing you can find, remember to simply pray for those who stand in need, and there are many. If you don't know who to pray for then pick up a prayer sheet from Wednesday nights or one from Monday night prayer. There are many people and circumstances that are waiting for us to pray for them.

Let us take prayer seriously whether it's DURING THE NIGHT or during the day.....JUST PRAY!

No comments: