Thursday, October 29, 2009

Willing Servants


For the past serveral Sundays in my 7th-8th grade SS class, we have been discussing servanthood. Two weeks ago we dsicussed how serving must be a priority in our lives if we are Christians. For the born again Believer, service should be a natural by-product of our salvation. Sunday morning, we discussed how our very own attitude WILL and DOES affect whether or not we choose to serve. When our attitude is bad, prideful, selfish or negative period, it WILL keep us from serving. We get in that mood that says, "Why in the world would I want to do anything for anyone when I'm so mad at everyone?" So we learned that our attitudes play a big part of whether or not we choose to serve. So, this past Sunday morning as I prayed for my girls class before I left for church, the Lord whispered to my heart... "Teach them by "doing", not just talking about it." OK, Lord, OK. And so in our class that morning, I told the girls that any of them that could/would to meet me at 4:00 today to "serve."

How blessed I was to see 5 WILLING SERVANTS come today. My heart was full. These precious young ladies cleaned windows, blinds, windowsills, painted, cleaned out the fridge, did baseboards and hauled trash. They blessed my heart tremendously. As we finished up this afternoon, I sat with them for a few minutes as I "drove" home the spiritual meaning of what they had just accomplished. What a joy they are. It is a privilige to teach them every Sunday. As we piled up on the couch before we left, giggling and praising God, all I could do was thank God for these precious WILLING SERVANTS!

2 comments:

Peggy Gatlin said...

Mrs. Barb,
It is such a wonderful blessing for Makayla to have someone outside of our home, implementing the same values that we try to instill in her here. She has nothing but the utmost love and respect for you, and so do I. Keep doing what your doing. You do make a difference! God Bless You!!!

AngelRhoden said...

Thanks, Barb, for showing them how to live the lesson you taught.