Monday, October 5, 2009

Rembering "Chickadee"


This morning as I gently stroked her forehead, I told Mary I loved her for the last time, before she left this earth to go be with Jesus. As I read the 23rd Psalm to her, she breathed her last breaths and climbed into the arms of her newly found Savior and was finally at peace.

"Chickadee" was the nickname I gave her months ago and one I fondly used daily in place of her name. She LOVED it! Like a little bird, she flew into our lives, made her nest in our hearts and found a place to be loved right here in our home. She changed our lives, taught us more than she'll ever know and she will be missed more than I can say in this blog. It's truly amazing how God can give you such a love for someone you've only known 1 year. I will always marvel at a God who can give someone such a deep love for a person known for such a short time. God knew I needed her in my life and I in hers and He quickly knit our hearts together.

I miss her presence already and she's only been gone 12 hours. It's quiet and I feel rather lost and not quite sure what I'm supposed to be doing. Oh, how I shall miss her. What a privilege to love her, care for her, lead her to Christ and hold her as she stepped from this place into her home on high.

I loved you so much Chickadee, but one day, we will meet again. Thank you for all you meant to me and Teddy Bear. The Lord used you to do incredible things in us that only in the years to come, will the fruit be fully known. You were family to us and we all will miss you sorely.

REMEMBERING CHICKADEE will be easy.........................how could I ever forget???

5 comments:

Mandy Rhoden said...

You're in my prayers Mrs. Barb, if there's anything I can do please let me know....I love you and thank you for being such an inspiration to myself and all those around you! You gave selflessly and in return received a much grater gift, the gift of Ms. Mary :)

Lindsey said...

aww ... If I would have known we were going to eat at your house I would have come! I tried to call when I got home and found out but mom said she was already leaving. I'm sooo sorry. you're in my prayers too. I love you!

AngelRhoden said...

Barb, You teach me so much about the love God can give us for those around us, if we are willing to be used.

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Barb, I am so glad that you and Mary got to be a part of each others lives! My heart is just breaking for you right now, I know you have a silence in your home that you are not used to...you are such a caregiver and nuturer, but rest in knowing that because someone cared enough to love her, she was able to love in return! I love you Barb and am praying for you and Darrel!

kay said...

What a sweet post, Barb. We all miss her so much,but we are so thankful that she's in a much better place than we are! Thank you for showing selfless love to me and my children.