Monday, March 2, 2009

I Wanna Leave a Legacy

Have you ever thought about what people might say about you after you're gone?? Every now and then, I do. Even this past Sunday, our pastor mentioned the same thing. He said he hoped that when people stood around his casket they would be able to say, "He was the real deal."

I also hope that could be said about me...BUT....several years ago, a song came out called "I Wanna Leave a Legacy." It pierced my heart as I listened to the words.....

"I Wanna leave a legacy, how will they remember me"........

When I'm gone, I want to have left a Legacy of Jesus, of hope, of joy, of love, of compassion, of servanthood, of courage, of a "stand firm" faith, of hilarious laughter and of availability to my family and friends.

I do not have lots of money or material things, no hidden overseas bank accounts nor acres of land to leave my children and grandchildren, but what I do have is JESUS.

THAT is the LEGACY I want to leave for them. THAT is how I hope they will remember me....a lover of JESUS and a lover of TRUTH.

I WANNA LEAVE A LEGACY....HOW WILL THEY REMEMBER ME??

1 comment:

Michele said...

In my eyes, you will definately leave a legacy...I see Jesus in you more than anyone I have ever met...You show His love in every thing I do. Thank you for showing that love to both of my children. It means more to me than you will ever know. I love you Miss Barb...you are the greatest!
Love, Michele