Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FORGIVENESS IS REAL!!

Today, I was asked about God's forgiveness. "He doesn't FORGIVE everything, does HE" was the question. I wanted to cry. It reminded me once again that everyone on this planet simply does not understand the totality of God's forgiveness for our sins. There are no levels of sin. Most certainly there are in mans eyes, but not our Lord's. Sin is sin and it is a common denominator that we all possess. But many people seem to think that it's possible THEY are the worst sinner of all and God will just not forgive them.

How good to be able to speak truth to this person. To help give the understanding that God DOES and WANTS TO FORGIVE us.

Psalm 130:4 says: "But with you there is forgiveness, therefore you are feared."

Acts 10:43 says, "All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

Ephesians 1:7 says, "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."

These verses and many more tell us of His forgiveness for our sins...ALL of them! Man, that's a PRAISE THE LORD if I ever heard one! I hope I was able to calm the fears that I saw today and give assurance that our God is ready, willing and able to forgive each and every sin that we ever did or will do.

I'm so glad that I serve a risen Lord who has forgiven all of my wretched sins but still loves me so much.

Thank you Lord that FORGIVENESS IS REAL!!

No comments: