Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Innocence



Tonight, once again in our ladies bible study, I was awed as I listened to Kay Arthur speak. Over and over and over again, we heard the powerful statement, "If you are not dead, no matter what you have done, God is not finished with you yet!!" God shows us repeatedly in His Word that His forgiveness is real and through His forgiveness and grace, He cleanses our hearts and makes us clean again. He is NEVER DONE WITH US.....NO MATTER WHAT!!!! Those words can set you free!!

Yes, there are always consequences to our sins. They are always seen by God, maybe not by man, but they are always seen by Him. Sin will take us farther than we ever wanted to go, cost us more than we ever wanted to pay and keep us longer than we wanted to stay. Once sin begins in our lives, our innocence is gone, but forgiveness is always waiting for us.

I look at these two little grandsons of mine, Will and Ty, and I see innocence. They have not yet known sin, although they were born into it and WILL one day fall into it.

For now, they are innocent. Their precious faces make me wish I could go back and have a do-over in my younger years. Now, I clearly see my sin and I wish I could still say I was innocent, but I am not.

Numbers 32:23 says......."be sure your sin will find you out."

We are not innocent BUT WE ARE FORGIVEN! Thank you Lord! You can create a clean heart within me.

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

precious, precious, precious...you are a mightily blessed yaya...
love you!