Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Safe and Secure

Early this morning, my daughter and son-in-law left their home early, before the wondrous son had even begun shining. In their arms, they covered up little 20 month old Ty, and headed for their van. This morning, they are taking him to the hospital to have tubes put in his ears.

Because it was so early in the morning that they had to leave, Yaya (that's me) spent the night here so that I would be up and ready to go when my 5 year old grandson and our new 6 week old grandson woke.

As I write this, I am gazing down at little Will. Nearly an hour ago, he let me know that it was time for his bottle and so, in to action I went. As I prepared his bottle and lifted him from his bassinet, my heart melted. Quickly his cries began to quell when I drew him to me from his sleeping place. We settled in on the couch and he was grateful for the bottle that I placed in his perfect little mouth.

Cradling him closely in my arms, Jesus spoke to me. "You see how "Safe and Secure" little Will is in your arms? That's how safe you are in my arms my daughter."

HIS gentle whisper to my heart comforted me and brought such encompassing peace that I couldn't fully describe it if I wanted to. A calm came over me and a new realization flooded my soul. I'M SAFE....I'M SECURE IN HIS ARMS!!!! And where does He hold me at every second of every single day of my life?????

IN HIS ARMS!! He never lets me go.....I belong to HIM! It may appear that I walk alone on dark days but I do not for HE walks with me.

I'M SAFE!!! I'M SECURE!!!

WOW....when you let your mind and heart wrap around that thought...it can change your life!! Will is calm and already sleeping again, happy to have a full tummy once more. BUT....he WILL get hungry again and he WILL cry again. But he has a mommy and a daddy and grandparents who will be right here for him when he needs us for whatever the reason.

Isn't that like us? The good times are great when our tummies are full and life is good, but the tears will come. Tearful days will often appear out of nowhere BUT our God and Savior is right here to gently lift us from where we are, cradle us in HIS arms and let us know that we are "Safe and Secure" with Him. He's our Abba Father....our Heavenly Daddy and He adores u even more than all of us adore our new little grandson!

Jesus said, "Come unto me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Why not crawl up in His arms today and let Him cradle you with His love? He'd love to meet your needs and nestle you close to Him. You'll be so glad you did and so will He.

1 comment:

Barb said...

So that's what you were doing on the computer this morning after we left! What a SWEET blog about my little Will! It reminds me that you truly do take joy in serving me and my little family:) I love you...what in the world would I do without you?...Summer