Friday, March 27, 2009

When the Wallpaper Comes Down


We are in the process of re-doing our family room. The work is coming along slowly but surely, thanks to our son. As he tore the wallpaper down, 1 sheet at a time, I thought about myself. As always, I warn you, I think pretty simply and it seems that most anything and everything that happens or is said in my life, has a godly life lesson in it for me.

Now, back to the story! Each time my son tore a sheet of wallpaper off the wall, I thought about all the layers of junk that God has peeled off my heart over the years. One layer of junk at a time, I've given them to Him.

A layer of ANGER towards a step-father who was less than kind to me....A layer of HURT over my parents divorce.....A layer of DISAPPOINTMENT in a mother who I felt had failed me......A layer of GUILT for all those people I have let down in my life.....A layer of HATRED for the many in high school who made my life miserable....A layer of VENGENCE for those who had wronged me.........

Layers of sin peeled back when I gave my life to Christ years ago, one at a time. He washed them all away! Man, am I ever grateful of that! Years of hurt, anger, vengence....ALL forgiven! THAT is Mmmmmmmmm GOOD!

The walls are clean now, devoid of wallpaper or the yuckiness of gluey junk! They're clean, just like my sin-forgiven heart. Now that's good stuff!

No comments: