Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When the Sun Goes Down


As I type this, I am watching the sun go down behind the trees. The view caught my attention (as it ALWAYS does). But this time, the Lord whispered in my ear as my eyes were drawn to the breathtaking scenery, carved by HIS hands.

He said, "The sun is going down, what have you accomplished for Me today?"

Hmmmmmmmm....I immediately went over in my mind where I had been today, what words I had spoken to people, how much time I had spent in prayer and in my bible, had I used my time wisely and for God's glory and did my attitude exude HIM in everything I did.

When the sun goes down each day, we would do well to recount our actions for the day and purpose in our heart to do better tomorrow. I admit to you that I failed someone today. It hurts my heart but it hurts the heart of God much more.

When the sun goes down......Lord help me be able to say that I glorified YOU today.

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments: