Monday, March 16, 2009

Many Hands Make Light Work


I wonder how many hundreds of times I said those words to my children when they were growing up! I'm sure they were sick of hearing them by the time they left our home. BUT...they are so true.

No matter what the job to be done, the more hands there are doing the job, the easier and the more FUN it is!

Today at my church, those words were seen in action as about 7 or 8 of us teamed together to serve about 75 people after a funeral. Isn't it strange how when people come together to accomplish any task, it doesn't seem so difficult. Time tends to fly by, laughter is shared, stories are told, problems are solved and blessings are passed out by the dozens, all while we are working alongside of each other! ALL because we came together and allowed "many hands to make light work."

I count it a joy and a priviledge to work alongside of my church family as we serve one another. It is such a sweet time, even when the circumstances that have brought us together are difficult, we can still "count it all joy."

Tonight, I'm thankful for the precious hands of those who are willing to come together for the simple opportunity of being a blessing to someone else.

Thanks Lord...for hands that serve....for hands that serve others, serve YOU.

No comments: