Wednesday, March 11, 2009

And in This Corner.....

Picture yourself in an arena at a boxing match. The crowds are cheering, the lights are low, people are shouting for their favorite opponent. The room is packed and everywhere the eye can see, it sees ugliness....

Except for one corner of the ring.....

There, standing in all His glory and splendor is the King of the Universe! He doesn't need to boast or brag about Himself....He simply stands in all His majesty.

In the opposite corner of the ring....is my flesh and as the eye scans the room, the sinful flesh of men is seen everywhere.

I don't want to fight this King...I simply want to be obedient....and yet...once again...I have lost the fight to my flesh....and I have failed Him. Before the first bell has even sounded and the first round begun, I've failed.

Once again the putrid colors of my inner self have risen to the surface and the ugliness of sin has reared its' head for all to see.

All I can do is hang my head in humiliation....I am too pathetic to fight....I have already lost yet another battle to my flesh. I crawl out of the ring and slink to the floor, face to the ground, tears staining my face.

When will I learn....When will I be obedient....When will I crucify the flesh????

"Oh God, I have failed you today....in my weakness, I allowed my flesh to win another battle. I'm tired of myself....I say I want to die to self and yet, I yield to sin. Help me God! Help me! I want to be more like you...I do....I do....I do. Today Lord, I need your arms of mercy, I need your comfort and I need your forgiveness. Awaken me Lord!! I need you."

No comments: