Friday, February 27, 2009

Deep In the Recesses Of My Mind...

As I write this, I can hear the wind chimes on the tree out back, the many birds who frequent my feeder and the faint sound of a dog barking off in the distance.

These types of things we hear everyday and so many more sounds that fill our minds as we go about our busy days. But deep int the recesses of that mind of mine that was once shut off to the truth about God, I think on things much deeper than the sounds I hear.

The spreading of the Gospel....Enough people to cover this planet sent by God to "go and tell" the many tribes and nations that still haven't heard the Good News....World Hunger.....The Abandoned.....The Lonely......Those suffering physically......Those suffering mentally......Children without parents who love, nurture and care enough about them to raise them in godly homes.....Those who feel they have no hope.....Those who have given up........Those who feel they have fallen so deeply into sin that there's no turning back.....

I can see their wrinkled worn faces of pain. Faces full of pain that reaches so deep within them that it is now etched on the outside for all to see. I can see their hunched backs as they walk day to day feeling hopeless and alone. I can see the filth on the hands of the starving as they spend another day searching for a morsel of food to lessen the pains of hunger that constantly eat away at their bellies.

My mind thinks of these....many of which I shall never meet or know face to face and yet, I am so burdened for them. I ache for them and desperately wish I could make more of a difference in this life. The only gift that I will ever be able to lavish on them is prayer. On my knees with reckless abandon as I lift my voice to the God of Heaven, I beg Him for mercy on these.

Deep in the recesses of my mind, faces I shall never see, call out to me to pray for them. I reach out for them but cannot touch them to embrace them and comfort them in their strife....BUT, I can pray.

Oh God, as I go about my day and hear all the wonderful sounds you have created, help me remember the sounds of those who are crying out to a world who doesn't hear their cries, BUT a GOD WHO DOES. Help me be your hands and feet and let me glorify your name with every opportunity You lay before me.

Send me God....your humble, inadequate, imperfect servant to help someone today....

SEND ME!

No comments: