Thursday, February 19, 2009

Swimming Upstream




Often, I feel like a salmon. I KNOW where I need to be going and in which direction I'm supposed to go but getting there is SO difficult! Whether swimming or walking through life, the struggles of the world we live in can overwhelm us, even to the point of exhaustion. Some days it's as though I'm moving in slow motion and other days I seem to flow through the struggles without so much as a whimper.

I have made some observations about myself and others around me. It appears that when we allow ourselves to get over tired, over angry, over looked, or over stressed we become immensely weak and disgruntled with life and living. Oh, we still love the Lord and say all the right things, but underneath, we're loosing ground physically and spiritually.

Lord, I want to be like the salmon...passionate in my pursuit of the goal....undaunted by the effort it takes to get where I'm going....and determined that I WILL arrive at my destination. I'll let NOTHING stop me from the pursuit of my Lord and Savior. HE is worth it all and I know He calls out to me...PRESS ON!

"I press on toward the goal for the PRIZE of the upward call of God in Jesus Christ."
Phillipians 3:14

No comments: