Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Are You Willing?

This weekend, the pure sweet goodness of God displayed itself here in my home/family. Just as honey would cover its' surface thickly and completely, so did the Lord God Almighty here cover me with His goodness.

I am in awe...I am humbled....I am brought to my knees as the sweetness of God poured over me.......all because of someone's "willingness" to be a blessing to me.

When we are simply "willing" to do what what the Lord lays on our heart, God can move in like a flood and show out!! Sometimes, God lays things on our hearts that we fear we cannot do, handle, say or accomplish. Sometimes He simply lays something on our heart that is fairly easy to do but we choose not to because of busy schedules etc. When the "willingness" to do as God has spoken when the situation may call for "sacrificial" loving or giving, God fairly explodes on the scene!!!

This weekend, I needed two answers to prayer and the need for answers was urgent. I had to have answers within just a few days. At first, fear struck my heart not knowing what I was going to do. I cried out to the Lord and almost immediately, God showed up because of someone else's "willingness" to do what God had layed on their heart. Hallelujah to the Lamb of GOD!!

As the story unfolded throughout the weekend, many lives became part of the story and were all touched and used by God because of my humble cry for help from God.

Oh God...how can you love me so much that you would care this much about my life? How do you go about using others to be part of the way YOU would answer my prayer? How do you know all these small details that have to come together at a certain time etc, that become the weavings of the story itself? When I repeat the whole story out loud, I am dumbfounded at what you have done on my behalf because of the "willingness" of someone else to step out and be a blessing.

I love you Lord and once again, you brought me out of a miry muck, cleaned me off, dried my tears, clothed me in clean new clothes of righteousness and did a wonderful thing for me!

If only we all would be "willing" to be used of God anytime, anyplace, in any situation, whether it's difficult for us to do or not.....God Stories would abound and the people of God would see His glory constantly.

If ONLY.

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

I thank God that someone was willing to be a blessing to you because you are such a blessing to so many and you do so willingly and humbly. I love you my sweet friend...I am touched by our conversation this morning and just absolutely can't wait to see the big "AH HA" moment unfold before your very eyes....I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate you and your love for people! You are such a blessing to me!