Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Glimmer of Hope

I never cease to be amazed at how our God does things. Have you ever been in a situation that seemed hopeless? One you just didn't think or expect anything was going to change for the good? Not that you didn't think it could change.....but just that you wondered if it ever would?

It's funny how so often when you get to the place that you simply throw your hands up and throw in the towel......a little tiny glimmer of hope will come barging in and surprise you.

Today, one tiny shiny ray of hope came barging in. Jesus whispered in my ear...."there's always hope, there's always hope, there's always hope." I needed to be reminded of that today, and as always, He did His part. Now I must do mine......have hope.

"And now Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You." Psalm 39:7

When will I ever realize that I must not hope in things or circumstances or possibilities? My HOPE must lie totally in Him. To give up or give in or throw in the towel is to accept defeat.

I refuse to accept defeat! I will wait patiently for the next glimmer of hope God lavishes on me.

Help me wait Lord....help me wait.

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Yes Barb....definitely been there....kind of there now...thank you so much for the post! It was just what I needed today! I'm in a pit, I know I'll dig out soon with the Lord's help but meanwhile my heart if breaking! This did my heart good!