Friday, February 13, 2009

In These Economic Times

These are difficult days. We've all already begun to feel the effects of an economy that has failed us. Thousands upon thousands of people stand in great need. Our banking system has failed us and many of our government departments have let us down. How can we trust people in these times when we've been lied to and are now paying the effects of years of improper spending etc. within our government?

Although I do not have any answers for any of the above questions...this I do know.

The Word comforts me and tells me...

"Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food,
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls-
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength,
He will make my feet like a deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills."
Habakkuk 3:17-19

Though our economy is failing us and our pantries not as full as they used to be...
Though man may let us down and fail us....
Though our paychecks are not going as far as they used to....
Though things look grim through the eyes of the world....

God still tells me that my joy, my trust, my strength,
SHOULD come from my MY GOD OF SALVATION.

Fear tries to strike our hearts in these tough times but our rejoicing is in Him.

Thank you God that you will make me walk on "high hills" even though we trudge through the valleys. You are GOOD.

No comments: