Wednesday, February 25, 2009

OBEY GOD, OBEY GOD, OBEY GOD!

Tonight in our ladies bible study, our senior pastors wife repeated this phrase again and again and again and these words pierced my heart. I immediately thought of the thousands of times throughout my life that I "CHOSE" to do the opposite. Anything opposite of OBEYING GOD, means you are commiting sin. YIKES! I can honestly tell you that many times when I chose to NOT OBEY GOD, I didn't think of it as SIN....I just thought of it as MY CHOICE.

As she repeated these words and the depth of their importance pierced my heart, I trembled in fear for all those in my life and around the world who are choosing sin over OBEYING GOD. Admitting that this is THE most important concept of our life AND DOING IT can and will change our lives. As we discussed tonight, it may not have seemed like much of an offense to us that Moses simply hit the rock to bring forth water INSTEAD of speaking to it, as God had instructed, but it was HUGE! It was huge because, simply put, he disobeyed God!!! Because of his disobedience, he never got to enter the Promised Land with his people! How unbelievably sad is this. All because he sinned against God by disobedience. I shudder as I write this and my stomach hurts as I remember all the times I did something so seemingly small in my eyes that was actually direct disobedience against God.

There are consequences for our sin and as we learned in our study tonight....I don't want to have to wonder what blessings I missed out on because I disobeyed God.

Oh Lord...forgive me of my disobedience against You! Forgive me for all those times, great and small, that I chose to do what I wanted to do, instead of what your Word directs me to do. I just want to honor you God with all my heart, soul and mind and live for You all the days of my life.

How about you???

No comments: