Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Digging Out

Tonight, at the end of our Beth Moore bible study, Wanda Sue asked me to close in prayer. Before I knew it, it was just me and the Lord....face to face...a humble servant gazing into the eyes of The King, pouring her heart out to Him....the others in the room forgotten about....it was just me and Jesus as I pleaded with Him.

"I'm tired of Digging Out of my hole again Lord. I'm tired of almost getting out of my pit, only to fall back in and go ever deeper than before. I'm tired of Digging Lord...I want to be transformed......I'm tired of letting Devastations in my life Dig me deeper into my pit. Change me Lord....help me let YOU change me. I want more of you....... I love you Lord."

This was part of my prayer tonight as I closed the evening. My humble pleadings to the God of the Universe. As I prayed He spoke to my Spirit and reminded me again that it is MY DECISION to dig out of my pit. That's where HE WANTS me to be.....but it is me who keeps digging deeper, NOT HIM!

DUH....

I'm ready to fill in the hole Lord...

I'm ready to be transformed.....

Help me not look back, look down or look around.

Help me to keep my eyes upwards as I await your glorious return and fill in the last bit of dirt back into the pit I've dug ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Transform me Lord.....I'm ready.

No comments: