Thursday, October 2, 2008

Truth

TRUTH....this single word seems to stir up trouble in many circles. I know, I have witnessed it personally amongst people.

I shall never truly and compeletly understand why it is that the majority of people really do not want to hear TRUTH. I am not speaking, for the most part, about biblical truth, I am talking about TRUTH in general. No matter how kind, considerate and gentle, many people refuse to listen to the truth and will actually get angered when it is spoken to them. Just a week ago, I simply spoke a TRUTH to somone, in a sweet but honest way, and if looks could have killed, I would have been dead. Then came the turn of their body and the silence.

Ah well....I pity them. What I spoke was TRUTH. It was not meant to hurt, discourage or put down, it was simply a TRUTH spoken in love from one adult to another and yet, it was not received well. I have a difficult time understanding and accepting the fact that millions of people across this great land refuse to ever do any better or act any better than what they do. When they are lovingly corrected and TRUTH is spoken to them, it is rejected the majority of the time. Do they not want to grow? Do they think they are perfect or do they simply just abhor the idea that anyone would have the nerve to speak to them about their speech/actions?

I'm baffled but I'll not stop speaking TRUTH.

No comments: