Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Heart is Full

Tonight at church, a man came forward who blessed my heart. He had recently been led to our church by a local eye doctor who knew he just needed to talk to someone. She had the love and foresight to call our church and ask for one of our pastors. This precious man was at the end of his rope and simply needed Jesus in his life. Our pastor talked to him and he made the most important decision of his life when he decided to follow Christ and give his life to Him. The joy on his face was priceless and in my mind, I could hear the angels rejoicing over his decision. Heaven was cheering him on and we were the lucky ones to have been able to receive him into our fellowship.

Now it is our responsibility to encourage him, love him, pray for him and be an example before him. I feel so honored to be a part of a fellowship who loves deeply, cares immensely and prays diligently.

This man's salvation and presence at our church touched me tremendously. It reminded me of the fragileness of life, the great needs of people all around us, of our purpose in this life and the power of the Cross of Christ. This man was at a crossroads. I'm so thankful that he turned to Jesus and I'm so thankful that there's power in the truth of the Word of God.

My Heart is FULL!

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Barb...I too was so touched by this man's need that he stumbled into a doctor's office and in his fraility declared his need. It was truly the day of his salvation. Also, so touched that Dr. Futch immediately was given the discernment to realize his need and contact a pastor.