Thursday, October 30, 2008

29 Years Ago Today!



29 years ago tonight, our only daughter Summer came into the world. Those were the days that you didn't know the sex of your baby until the moment they were born. I had prayed for a daughter while I carried her. I sang to her in the womb and she daily listened to her brothers while I carried her. She was our only child born with her daddy present. We didn't even have that choice with our sons.

We felt so blessed that God would give us a daughter after our sons were born. She was an easy child from the time of her birth. She had an amazing imagination and played endless hours with her imaginary friend. She loved to sing from an early age and she brought joy into our lives. We remember she would grab a chair or a box, step up on it and announce with a pretend microphone...."Ok everyone listen...first I'm going to sing and then I'm going to preach!" She loved church and her Sunday School class and sang on our local church tv station with me when she was 4. I believe she was 2-3 the first time she got up and sang at church with a little friend of hers.

Today, on her 29th birthday, I look back and wonder where the years have gone. It seems like only yesterday she was just a little girl and now she's a wonderful wife and mother. She has taught us much since her birth. I could have never dreamed when she was little that she would grow up to live the life of a pastors wife.

Happy Birthday Summer! We pray that God continues to be the center of your life and the love of your heart. We love you and thank God for giving you to us.

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Barb....where does time go...it seems yesterday (1994) when Mike and I first came to RRC and Summer was about 14 years old then. What a blessing your sweet Summer has been to me and so many others throughout her young life....she speaks volumes in her silence.