Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'll Leave the Light On For You


As I was leaving our fair booth tonight, Darrel called my cell. Naturally, he was just wondering when I would be home, wanted to caution me to "be careful" but mostly, just wanted to tell me that "he'd leave the front light on for me."

Inside, I felt warmed, loved, expected, anticipated and cared about. How sweet of him to want me to know that he wanted to "light the way" for me. His words comforted me and when I drove into the driveway, the light illuminated the door and gave me clear guidance but before I could open the door, he was there greeting me.

I know for some of you, this might be a stretch to parallel what this meant to me, but this is how my mind works. As Darrel greeted me at the door, I thought about Jesus. How HE makes me feel, is the same, even MUCH BETTER, than how this incident made me feel.

As good as Darrel makes me feel when he exhibits these feelings towards me, Jesus exhibits these feelings towards me every single moment of every single day. HE loves me deeply, HE anticipates my coming home to HIM, HE cares about me and most definitely, HE lights my way every step of every day. When the darkness surrounds me, HIS light is there to guide my way. Always HE is there anticipating hearing my voice and coming back into HIS presence. I am warmed by the LIGHT of HIS love.

How grateful I am that Jesus ALWAYS leaves the light on and waits for me to be in HIS presence again. My, isn't that good to know?

1 comment:

trish said...

I needed to read this today. My light is not shining too brightly nor has it the past few days. There is much going on in my life to deal with right now. I have the support of my sweet husband, but silence is how I am when in these dark spaces. I would guess it to be a running away sort of thing. He is my light and it is to Him I shall turn to as this too shall pass.