Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday My Firstborn Son

About 50 minutes from now, 36 years ago tonight, my firstborn son made his way into the world. I was young, scared and had not a clue about giving birth or having a baby for that matter. Those were the days that husbands were not allowed in the labor and delivery rooms and so, I labored alone with a nurse, and gave birth without Darrel close by.

The instant I layed my eyes on my little baby boy, I was in love. I was smitten as though I had never known love before. He was an easy baby and filled my young heart with joy. I learned much in those early years and made many mistakes as I went.

Today, Darrel and I celebrated DJ's 36th birthday together with him. As I hugged him goodbye, I couldn't help but cry. Where have the years gone? I would give much to have him back on my knee or in my arms, but those days are gone.

Happy Birthday my firstborn son.....I miss those days so many years ago when I held you in my arms, played Leggos with you and took you to the park. May God direct your path over the next 36 years of your life and may HIS arms be the ones you rest in and find comfort in all the rest of the days of your life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR SON!

1 comment:

martha stewart impersonator said...

i could sit here and read these three blogs all day!!(Sue,you & deb)you certainly do a wonderful job of expressing your thoughts and feelings and the everyday life situations. I can't wait to see what you write next. I am starting a blog myself and hope I can give it(and myself) sufficient attention.
Thanks Barb
Thanks a bunch!!!
Love ya
Donna Frances