Tuesday, October 21, 2008

34 Years Ago Today






I thought I'd pop I was so big and pregnant some 34 years ago! I had begged my doctor for weeks to PLEASE DO SOMETHING to make me have this baby! FINALLY, he agreed to let me come into the hospital on October 21, 1974, start "the drip" and see if labor would ensue. PRAISE GOD IT DID and I was quickly on my way to my second son being born. At 2:18 that afternoon, Butch came screaming into this world!

From the beginning, I knew this child was most definitely different than my firstborn son. This child was much more vocal, loved for me to hold and cuddle him, play with him and chatter. By the time he was 6 months old, I also knew this child was going to have a strong mind of his own! He was such a character. He made us laugh and he delighted in animals and the outdoors. Whereas our firstborn would play endless hours by himself and was more quiet, this little boy loved to be in the middle of whatever was going on and just made us all laugh with his antics! He entertained us with his funny sense of humor and his sweet smile.

On one of his first days of kindergarten, ALREADY the teacher talked to us about how verbal he was in the classroom! One of the children in the room was coughing and he loudly told him..."QUIT THAT BARKING!!" We were told that Butch would need to learn to not be so vocal! I had a feeling then that would be the beginnings of a little boy who liked to talk AND to make people laugh. By the time he was just a very young man, he exhibited a desire to see how everything worked and often took anything and everything apart that he could. He looked just like his grandfather when he was born and was also acting a lot like him too.

You have blessed our lives Butch and taught us much! You are allowing God to direct your path and be LORD of your life. That was and always will be the #1 prayer for you that we ever had. Anything else good that happens to you is by God's mercy, goodness and grace. We love you Butch and continue to pray that you will draw closer and closer to Him as the years go by. Thank you for the laughter you bring to everyone around you and the light that you are for Jesus! You have learned well what is truly important in this life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SECOND BORN SON! YOU ARE LOVED IMMENSELY.

1 comment:

trish said...

Drinking coffee with Aunt Pat was one of my most favorite memories with you Butch. Mostly milk in your cup and a little coffee, but most of all it meant "our special time together". To my sweet nephew---a VERY Happy Birthday. Hugs and Kisses. To your Mom----thanks for having this child and being the example you are to bring him to where he is at today----along with the guy upstairs. Love you both.