Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Love You....Nite Nite

My "baby" turned 30 last week! YIKES...can it be possible that my "baby" is 30 now and has 3 babies of her own????

Where have the years gone? Did I appreciate them enough? Somehow, I just don't think so. Oh yes, no doubt, I appreciated them "in the moment" but I'm older now and I think I understand the depth of it all better now. Age and maturity teaches us much.

DJ is 37 now, Butch 35 and Summer 30. I loved their childhoods and I miss it. I guess being here with Lindsey, Amber, Madison, Butch and Karli and doing all the "mothering" stuff, has made me miss my own children's childhood all the more. I miss tucking them in at night and kissing their faces. I miss hearing, "I LOVE YOU....NITE NITE."

I think Summer's 30th birthday hit me harder than it did her. Somewhere in the back of your mind, you just never think you're "baby" will ever be 30. But, here it is. In a way, it frightens me as the realization that old age is creeping ever closer and closer. I can't stop it and I can't go back. I yearn for the past in many ways and yet I yearn for the future too.

Last night and tonight though, I got to hear those wonderful words from the mouths of my grandchildren.....I LOVE YOU....NITE NITE. Oh how sweet and soothing to my ears. There's just something so sweet about tucking in a child, praying for them and bidding them goodnight. I'm so thankful.

Time rushes by us. I am reminded to enjoy this moment, for time is a gift from God and what we do with it is our choice. Man, sure is good to be here with my grandkids, enjoying this moment in time. So for now....

I LOVE YOU....NITE NITE

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

Your "baby" is such a blessing to my girl, Em. I'm thankful for her.