Monday, November 9, 2009

Forwards OR Backwards???

Each of us has a past and in that past are generations of our ancestors who also each had a past. I'm not exactly sure that I want to know everything in my ancestors past.

BUT this I do know.....

I want to spirtually take this generation FORWARDS and not BACKWARDS. I want the future of my descendants to move forward as a godly people. As God's children, we are part of a process spanning generations. Each generation builds on the legacy of our predecessors and contributes to the future of our successors. I do not want to contribute unwisely to the future generations of my family. I may not be here to witness the outcome, but while I have breath in me, I want to be able to know that I contributed to a depth of faith in those who shall come after me and not the demise of them.

It is within my power and mine alone, to help each precious life in the future of my family to be anchored in Christ. Because of that, I will press on in doing my best to pass on a legacy of faith in the One who gave us life and the opportunity to have eternal like to boot!!!

Which direction will you choose to encourage the future of your family??? FORWARDS OR BACKWARDS???

No comments: