Monday, November 23, 2009

Cherished Idols

There are so many things that I LOVE in this life.....

My husband, my children, my grandchildren, the rest of my family, my friends, my pastors and church, music, animals, nature, SHOES, jewelry, chocolate, candy, new clothes, traveling, electronic gadgets (YEP!!!), kitchen stuff and the list could go on and on and on........I mean that, literally, the list could be endless.

Within 2 months, I have lost two dear friends. It has hit me hard and forced me to think long and deep about much in my life. What is really important in life, I mean "really" important??? It's critical to identify the CHERISHED IDOLS in my life so that I don't make people and things more important than God Himself and it is very easy to do. Just ask anyone who misses church more than one Sunday in a row to take their new boat to the lake or spend the weekend in their new summer place or watch and see what happens when a saved person starts dating an unsaved person. It is easy to allow the "stuff" in our lives AND sometimes, the people of our lives to keep us from cherishing that which should be THE most important part of our life...........JESUS.

What are your CHERISHED IDOLS??? When we make stuff AND people more cherished than our Savior.....who would YOU say we're worshiping?????

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

Dear Sweet Barb,
I have just caught up with your blog as I haven't had much time lately to read blogs. Your thoughts you share are so timely and encouraging to me. I especially needed this one as I struggle with giving priority to the wrong things. Love to You.