Sunday, November 22, 2009

I Like That

"God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him."

Jason Powers, missionary from Cambodia, made this statement tonight in our evening service. It rang so true in my heart. So much so, that I wrote it down in the back of my bible. You see, it's in the back of my bible that for years, I have been writing down "one-liners" spoken from the pulpit that deeply touched my heart, as well as marriages, births, deaths and salvations in my family.

I promise that I did listen to Jason as he spoke tonight but once the above phrase was out of his mouth, my mind just began digesting the fullness of what he had said and I had a hard time focusing on anything else.

IF others are to see Jesus in me then must not GOD be glorified in me?? How will they see Him IF He is not????

I'm sick of daily living.......I want the glory of God Almighty to shine in me and through me for the rest of my days, however long they may be.

"God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in Him."

I LIKE THAT.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

that's actually a quote from John Piper, and I like it too!